New Castle County, Delaware
"The First County in the First State"
Clerk of the Peace
Community Services Home
Community Activity Centers
Rockwood Mansion and Park
Land Use Home
Recorder of Deeds
Recorder of Deeds Home
Deeds Imaging System
Register of Wills
Special Services Home
Fats Oils Grease (FOG)
Septic Waste Haulers
Who Represents Me?
Clerk of the Peace
Recorder of Deeds
Register of Wills
Other Local Libraries
How Do I...?
Get a Library Card
Find Program Information
Renew an Item
Book a Meeting Room
Sign Up for Programs/Classes
Find Employment with the Libraries
Ask A Librarian
My Library Account
Fines & Fees
Job Hunting Resources
What Do I Read Next?
Youth Reading Lists
Small Business Resources
Lets Talk About...
Teen Literary Magazine
Delaware Libraries Community Resource Exchange
Delaware Libraries' LibGuides
- An instant one-stop shop for current community services, making easier the search for assistance with everything from housing and food to family counseling, adult education, and job placement.
Two-Cent Tips for Delaware
- An e-mailed newsletter that is dedicated to providing information designed to help you save money, stay hopeful, manage your resources, strengthen relationships and connect to local resources; developed by University of Delaware Cooperative Extension.
Business & Employment Resources
Business Industry Education Alliance
- Career information for students and educators.
Business Services and Resources Page
- New Castle County Libraries' page of links to small business resources.
Delaware Workforce Investment Board
- Occupational training and employment service opportunities.
- Opportunities for successful employment, entrepreneurship, and asset development.
Social Security Administration Benefits Calcluator
- Get a benefit estimate.
Social Security Administration Retirement Benefits Publications
- Request a publication.
- Online program for adult learners seeking to obtain a high school diploma.
Delaware Skills Center
- Adult vocational technical training.
James H. Groves Adult High School
- Program for adult learners seeking to obtain a high school diploma.
Health & Wellness Resources
Angel Food Ministries
- Founded in 1994 to provide food for friends and neighbors who were struggling financially. Today, they provide food relief to more than 500,000 families each month.
American Cancer Society
- A wealth of information for cancer patients, families and caregivers
Cancer Care Connection
- A non-profit service organization that helps people make informed decisions for a loved one with cancer.
Catholic Charities Inc.
- The largest private network of social service organizations in the United States works to support families, reduce poverty, and build communities.
Child Development Watch
- Child Development Watch is the statewide early intervention program for children ages birth to 3. The program's mission is to enhance the development of infants and toddlers with disabilities or developmental delays and to enhance the capacity of their families to meet the needs of their young children.
Covering Kids & Families
- The nation's single largest effort to reduce the number of eligible but uninsured children and adults through enrollment in Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
Delaware Commission for Women
- advocates for the equality of women in a way that fosters self-esteem and self-reliance among women of all ages by promoting the political, economic, social, educational, personal and professional growth of Delaware women.
Delaware Division of the Arts
- Arts in Delaware is a state-wide guide to arts and culture, cultural travel and tourism, and quality entertainment activities for the entire family.
Delaware Division on Aging & Adults with Disabilities
- Main page of the Delaware Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities.
Delaware Food Bank
- Distributes food to hungry people in Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Maryland through member agencies.
Delaware Office of Highway Safety
- Information about saving lives and preventing injuries on our highways.
Delaware Veterans Home
- Long-term care servicesfor Delaware Veterans.
- Services for people with disabilities or special needs
- The mission of the Freedom Center for Independent Living of Delaware is to protect the Civil Rights and promote the empowerment of persons with disabilities and their families through our independent living philosophy.
Mid-Atlantic Association of Community Health Centers
- The voice of communities in need and is dedicated to building and strengthening programs in the delivery of community-based health care to the medically underserved and underinsured.
United Way of Delaware
- United Way of Delaware's mission is to maximize the community's resources to improve the quality of life for all Delawareans.
University of Delaware Cooperative Extension
- Connects the public with university knowledge, research and resources to address youth, family, community and agricultural needs.
Blue Ball Dairy Barn
- A special exhibit space dedicated to the agricultural history of the Blue Ball Properties and reflecting the rural background of Brandywine Hundred. Can be scheduled for private events.
- Statewide non-profit committed to the preservation and enhancement of Delaware's natural, scenic, historic, cultural, and recreational resources.
Talley Day Bark Park
- Located behind the Brandywine Hundred Library in Talley Day Park, the best dog park in Delaware.
About New Castle County